Wednesday, May 21, 2008

San Francisco

            Yesterday (Tuesday) started with a trip on the BART to the Farmers Market.  I have devoured my strawberries that I had been craving.  We ate lunch there and then took our fresh produce back to the room, which included cherries, apricots, and tomatoes.  We were all craving some serious shopping, so we spent the rest of the afternoon around Union Square.  

Kasey and Whit did more damage than me, which is rare, but nice as a change.  We then went to Amoeba records where I went a little crazy.  I had done my sushi research before the trip and we went to Sushi Bistro.  It was small, and clearly a local’s hangout.  The food was so good. I had sushi with tuna, mango, apple, and avocado. It was topped with macadamia nuts and cilantro pesto.  It easily ranks as one of the top meals that I have ever eaten.

             Today was so busy.  We set off at ten this morning for our eleven o’clock Alcatraz cruise.  We ended up making the trek on foot, which seemed like a reasonable idea when looking at the map.  We arrived about 10 minutes before the cruise set off.   Alcatraz is such an interesting site, and I think it was better this time than the last.  

We got back to land at about lunchtime and walked down to Pier 39 for a place to eat.  We ate at Crab House and it was great.  

We hadn’t walked enough, so we went down to Ghirardelli Square for a sundae.  

Our next plan was to visit Chinatown.   We waited for the cable car, a San Fran staple.  

We went down to the gate of Chinatown and went in to scour the shops for fake designer bags.  We visited the fortune cookie factory and ate at House of Nanking.  It was another wonderful meal.  We’ve really been hitting it right with the food.  We got a taxi back to the hotel…and here we are


            

No comments: