Wednesday, May 14, 2008

trek


It's 8am in Tucson, and because I said that I could sleep more than 8 hours I woke up right at 6. We finished the day at around 10 due to around 14 hours of driving.

Kase took the first leg, I took the second, and Whit pulled up the rear.  While Whit and I were driving through New Mexico and the beginning of Arizona we were plagued my some lovely dust storms that had us gripping the wheel to an extreme.  On the bright side, we have only 7 hours to drive today.

it's hard to put the wind into pictures

kase would win

We realized that when you have driven for about 4 hours the craziness comes out.  For Kasey it involved Oh, Sleeper...for me, it was a little more Paramore and Metro Station.  We haven't reached this limit for Whitney, but I feel like it will be something more like Spoon.

Kasey caught a bit of a stomach bug and Whit and I were left with some picture taking time.

Kasey returned to find that nurse Emily wasn't exactly prepared...My first aid kit included a basic, Mylanta, but it turns out that it had leaked all over my bag.  I  thought it had only taken out the first aid kit, but there is a chalky white color that has made itself home on too many of my belongings.

Kasey says that it's just her luck.  That things just go wrong for her.  She said with this luck, the car will break down today.  We told her that's not even an option.

We finished up the day at a restaurant called Zona 78, Kase was feeling like pasta would be the best thing that she could eat.  Whit and I, on the other hand, had some great pizzas there.  We then hit up Borders for the new Death Cab album, and because of the late arrival to the cd player, I have only gotten about 20 minutes of listening time in.  Cath was my favorite before the album came out, but I'm sure we'll see today if this has changed.

We told Kasey that we wouldn't leave until 10, so Whitney and I are killing time.  Sitting here on her beds...Macs in hand, and it's still only 8:30

No comments: